Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category

Anderson Silva Will Not Fight This Year

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014

The former Ultimate Fighting Championship Middleweight Champion- Anderson Silva is not going to make a comeback this year. Dana White (UFC president) and Silva’s management expected him to return to fighting at least by the end of the year 2014. But it seems Silva is not hell bent on returning this year.

At the UFC 168 in the month of December (2013), Anderson Silva had suffered from a very serious injury to his left leg in a fight against champ Chris Weidman. Silva is recovering from it and has also started training. But he is determined to start fighting in the year 2015. No matter when he starts fighting, Silva has decided that he will not compete to get the middleweight champion title again.

Reportedly, Anderson Silva has said that 2014 is not the year for him and his phase as the middleweight champion is also over. He is not looking forward to retrieve the title. Silva has also dismissed all rumors in relation to his return this year.

Anderson Silva has signed a 10 year contract with UFC. However, there are speculations that he will retire even before the 10 year contract expires. Silva’s family wants him to quit fighting. But he is of the opinion that he loves fighting and the family needs to appreciate and understand this and he needs time to quit it completely.

Silva said that his main objective in the fighting sport was to make a mark and he is on his way to achieving this and he is really happy. Many fans are guessing that since Silva will participate only in few fighting matches in the future, there is a possibility of him competing against Georges St Pierre (former UFC Welterweight champion also known as GSP). Fans are eagerly waiting for the clash between GSP and Siva.

separator

Cena To Feature On New WWE 2K15 Game Cover

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014

“You cannot see me” seems to be a casual catch-phrase for Cena from now on. Much to the delight of his fans, the entire world would not only be able to see this 15-time World champ on the WWE programming regularly – but he would soon be coming up on the cover of soon-to-release video game WWE 2K15.

“We are excited to declare that John Cena has been selected as Cover Superstar for WWE2K15”, read a tweet from WWE 2K15 group.

The latest WWE 2K15 game would be released for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on 28th October, 2014.

The announcement was made public just a day after John outlasted Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro Sheamus, Kane & Alberto Rio to win on Heavyweight WWE World title in his last ladder match hosted by his state Massachussets.

Cena, quite obviously, was elated with his victory.

“Call up interweb machine & tell them it is time for hating us again”, read one of his recent tweets post the victory.

John  Cena has always been a top favorite among his peers and senior fighters across the WWE arena. One of the legendary WWE fighters Hulk Hogan seems to be greatly impressed by Cena’s latest Massachusetts victory.

“Congratulations for my favorite-most wrestler Cena- thank God ‘the champion is here’, now he would be able to set everything straight in WWE”, Hogan tweeted on June 30.

WWE & 2K Sports have joined hands last year for the 1st time ever to develop 2014 edition of the video game entitled as WWE 2K14. It was a super successful venture and amazed fans with high end graphical compositions. The good bit is that the 2015 edition too features the next-gen graphical excellence that was deployed in the 2014 edition of the game.

separator

Condit knows Woodley is a difficult opponent

Tuesday, March 11th, 2014

Many people still believe former Ultimate Fighting Championship or the UFC’s interim Welterweight champion Carlos Condit should have been given a chance to take on Johnny Hendricks at UFC 171 in a rematch of their 2013 fight for the vacant UFC Welterweight Championship belt.

Instead, the UFC offered Robbie Lawler the chance to take Hendricks on and Condit had to contend with a match against Tyron Woodley, on the same night as he prepares himself to prove his credentials once again against someone who is already being seen as the future of the division.

Speaking to a media outlet, Condit mentioned that Woodley is a great wrestler, adding that he has a brilliant background in amateur wrestling and he has transitioned well into becoming a Mixed Martial Artist.

Carlos Condit went on to add that Woodley has a lot of depth thanks to his skills in wrestling, but admitted that he is still very raw in the sport but he is still great at a few things and the things he does well are extremely dangerous too.

And Condit knows how important that match is for him, as he knows a win could directly place him in a UFC Welterweight Championship match against the winner of the Hendricks versus Lawler bout. That is his aim and he knows he has to take care of Woodley to achieve that.

And he admitted that the first thing is he has to take care of the job on hand at first and get past Woodley, which will be a difficult task in itself. Carlos Condit that a title shot is what he is gunning for and he is looking forward to getting on a run that will put him in a position to ask for a shot at the UFC Welterweight Championship again.

separator

Nick Diaz turned down Carlos Condit fight

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013

With the Ultimate Fighting Championship or the UFC booking Robbie Lawler and Johnny Hendricks to fight for the vacant UFC Welterweight Championship, Dana White, the president of the UFC stated that he thought he had another high profile Welterweight match booked for UFC 171.

But that wasn’t meant to be as Nick Diaz turned the fight down.

White said that he had made Nick Diaz the offer of a fight against Carlos Condit last Saturday at UFC on FOX 9 but the veteran fighter passed on the offer. White also mentioned that the offer was made in person with Diaz present at cage side during the event.

And after passing up the opportunity to fight the Natural Born Killer, Diaz will continue to remain out of action, as per his own whims and wishes. He also told White that he might make a return in spring 2014 and if he does, it will be for a title fight.

White stated that he doesn’t want the match, adding that he thought he would like the rematch against the number one ranked Carlos Condit but the umber ten ranked Diaz just didn’t show enough interest. White also ventured to state that might be holding out for a return to action in May.

The UFC boss went on to explain that Diaz told him that he would want a fight against the winner of the Hendricks versus Lawler bout in a match for the title; but added that he had made it clear to him that he is ranked at number ten in the rankings and a title match is not given that way.

And this might just pave the way for Carlos Condit to get an immediate shot at the title once the winner is decided after the unfolding of UFC 171.

separator

Three Ways to Win Sportsbets

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013

You know it – you and practically everybody loves sports. And not surprisingly, a lot of sport fans love to place online sports betting. This is for most of us who aren’t professional artists or sponsors, the one chance to grab a slice of the billions of dollars the pro sports dish out annually. (more…)

separator

Carlos Condit granted Matt Brown bout

Monday, October 7th, 2013

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship or the UFC’s interim Welterweight title holder Carlos Condit has been granted his wish after being given a match against Matt Brown which has been scheduled for UFC on FOX 9 which will take place on the 14th of December at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, California, according to an official announcement made by the UFC.

Condit had recently told a media outlet that he would be very eager to take on Matt Brown in an interview where he stated that he has really been on a tear in the last few matches and a match between the two would be extremely excited for the fans. (more…)

separator

© 2014 Carlos Condit